Senior SCADA Engineer - Smart Grid
Senior SCADA Engineer - Glasgow
We are delighted that one of our Anglo-US bleeding-edge technology clients has an opportunity for an exceptional Senior SCADA Engineer to join a well-regarded team with a high level of engineering excellence.
You will have an engineering background and working knowledge of the technology components and trends that intersect industrial control, power systems and ICT. Ideally you will have a mix of experience across electrical power systems, IT communications, controls systems and software development but we’re flexible.
Required Experience and Capabilities
- BSc/BEng/MSc/MEng in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Control, Computer Science or similar discipline or commensurate experience.
- Have contributed to engineering projects involving elements of electrical engineering, systems integration and customer site commissioning
- Understand software engineering lifecycle and documentation process for design, development and support
- Experience with automation and control platforms, e.g. Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), RTUs, industrial PCs, single-board computers, microcontrollers
- Understanding of utility communication architectures, standards and protocols, including: DNP3, Modbus, OPC, IEC61850
- Experience configuring communication protocol interfaces for Client/Server and Publish/Subscribe protocols
- Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
Our client has an enviable client list across the globe and offer career development opportunities.